Following a special request from the youngling for ‘breakfast bars’, we did a little research and knocked up a batch. I’d say they’re fairly healthy, but they do contain condensed milk..
Compared to shop-bought alternatives, who cares!
- 397g Condensed Milk (standard can)
- 250g Oats
- 100g Dried Fruit (Sulatanas, Cherries, Goji berries, Cranberries – whatever you have/fancy)
- 75g Dessicated or Shredded Coconut
- 125g Chopped Nuts (whatever you like – we used Cashews)
- 125g Seeds (Sunflower, Pumpkin, Linseed, Sesame…)
Pre-heat your oven to 130°C
Grease a (9×11 inch) baking tin.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Warm the condensed milk in a pan and then stir everything together. Fill the baking tin and firm it down until even.
Bake for 1 hour and then cut them to your desired size once they have cooled slightly.
(Tea is optional but highly recommended).