Following a special request from the youngling for ‘breakfast bars’, we did a little research and knocked up a batch. I’d say they’re fairly healthy, but they do contain condensed milk..
Compared to shop-bought alternatives, who cares!
- 397g Condensed Milk (standard can)
- 250g Oats
- 100g Dried Fruit (Sulatanas, Cherries, Goji berries, Cranberries – whatever you have/fancy)
- 75g Dessicated or Shredded Coconut
- 125g Chopped Nuts (whatever you like – we used Cashews)
- 125g Seeds (Sunflower, Pumpkin, Linseed, Sesame…)
Pre-heat your oven to 130°C
Grease a (9×11 inch) baking tin.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
Warm the condensed milk in a pan and then stir everything together. Fill the baking tin and firm it down until even.
Bake for 1 hour and then cut them to your desired size once they have cooled slightly.
(Tea is optional but highly recommended).
One thought on “Almost Healthy Breakfast Bars”
Reblogged this on Mrs Harford's Blog and commented:
These would be great snacks for Freedom Friday!