AKA Nigella’s Nuts.
As it’s been the festive season I’ve been knocking these up almost weekly, and numerous friends have asked for the recipe. Delicious with a little tipple to welcome your guests, they’re irresistible.
I’ve taken the liberty of adjusting the recipe slightly as I think they benefit from just a little more coating than Nigella Lawson’s version. I’m sure she won’t mind.
- 500g mixed nuts (unsalted)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped (about 2 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp dark brown muscovado sugar
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp flaky sea salt
- 25g unsalted butter (softened/room temperature)
- Start by toasting the nuts on a baking tray for 10 minutes.
- Mix the other ingredients together in a large bowl and add the hot nuts.
- Stir thoroughly to coat the nuts and serve warm.