Ok. Another recipe for you. These little balls of joy are worth making a fresh batch of risotto for. If you’re looking for a risotto recipe, here’s how I do it: https://foodfitforfelix.com/2016/05/13/risotto-for-little-m/
I’ve not included quantities here as it all depends how much leftover risotto you have. The ingredients listed below are purely so you can pané (breadcrumb) the balls before deep frying. If you’re feeling fancy, you can add a little mozzarella cheese or sundried tomato into the centre of each ball as well (depending on the flavour of your risotto).
- Leftover risotto
- Plain flour
- Eggs, beaten
- Fine breadcrumbs
- Form about a tablespoon or so of cold risotto into a tight ball using your hands.
- Roll the ball in a bowl of plain flour.
- Shake off any excess flour and dip it into a bowl of beaten egg.
- Roll the ball in a bowl of fine breadcrumbs until completely coated.
- Repeat this process until you run out of risotto.
- Deep fry the balls in batches until golden brown (about 5 minutes)
- Let them cool a little and devour with your favourite dip. Company optional.