That’s right folks, clementine vodka liqueur – the perfect Christmas tipple for gifting or supping by the fire.
- 10 unwaxed clementines, washed
- 1 litre vodka (only ever the good stuff)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 vanilla pods
- 4 star anise
- 625g caster sugar
- Zest the clementines (avoiding the pith) and place in a sterilised kilner jar or similar.
- Add the vodka and spices, seal and leave for a week to infuse, shaking once daily.
- Dissolve the sugar in 500ml boiling water, cool completely and combine with the spiced vodka mix.
- Continue to shake daily for a second week.
- Strain into sterilised bottles.
- Serve over ice or as a base for champagne cocktails.